Back from 10 days of holidays in the south of France. Perfect timing to finish my “Ariane cardigan” by Peggy Grand and finally add some buttons (on the “men’s side” but oh well, who will ever notice ?!).
I love the mesh rows in the top section, and would you believe it’s my first time ever trying Pineapple crochet ?
So easy, and yet the result is so pretty !
The very wide neck is the perfect occasion to couple it with my new Dancing Marguerites shawl..
This project took a looong time to complete, over 6 months ! It’s been sitting in our living-room all winter, and I’d alternate between this and all my other ongoing projects.
Thing is, the pattern is free but full of errors and lack of precisions. After starting a few rows, I ripped it all back to setup row and started using removable stitch markers to locate the raglan increases instead. Worked like a breeze.
I also wanted to add long sleeves, so the “improvisation” part might also explain how long this took… But so glad I did, I like cozy and warm sweaters, feeling always cold !
Loved making this though. Not so much because I learned new things but because it puts all the things I already know about crochet in a different perspective. Generating new ideas… Including my newest “Saperlipopette” boxy sweater and its innovative system to crochet a sweater in any size with any yarn which will be published very soon!
– Pattern: Ariane cardigan, free pattern in french & english by Peggy Grand
– Yarn: 2 strands of thin coned yarn held together, 1 plum acrylic blend, 1 chestnut mohair blend
– Hook: 5 mm Susan Bates crochet hook
– Mods: added long sleeves, added a lower edging using 1 repeat of top motif, made the pineapple section longer.
– If I ever make it again: I’d make the top body section longer as it ends right in the middle of my bust and I’d prefer to cover all the bust section.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>